Tuesday 30 August 2011

Halloween Happiness And Vintage Shoes

The Satuarday before last (20th August) my Mum and I went on a shopping trip. Our first stop was TK Maxx. And to my delight there was some Halloween stock upstairs. I bought three things, a witches' hat T-Lite holder, a wooden witch nutcracker and a mesh black cat.


We then moved on to the charity shops, I don't shop in them much but we were looking for a pair of green shoes for my Mum's Halloween costume (a pumpkin). We didn't find any but fate must have been on our side.
    My mum was a Bay City Rollers fan in the 70's and she always wanted a pair of the tartan shoes. She missed out on a pair a couple of months back in our local auction. They sold for £28.00 (she didn't leave a big enough bid on the books).
      In the first charity shop we went to, there sitting on the shelf in front of us was a pair of genuine vintage Bay City Rollers shoes. They are in fantastic condition, the right size and even nicer than the ones in the auction. And they were only £5.99! In another charity shop my Mum bought me a comprehensive book on John Galliano for £4.99.
   Later we went to Superdrug and I purchased a few Barry M products for my Halloween costume (I am thinking of being a witch). The products include black crackle nail polish and block orange nail polish to use underneath.

We had a great shopping trip today (the more I write in this blog you will see shopping is a big hobby of mine!). Hopefully there will be many more Halloween hauls to come this year, I will keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment