Wednesday 4 July 2012

My Favourite Collection

     If you read this blog regularly you will know that I am a bit of an Etsy addict. And although I was doing very well on my shopping ban, that has now gone out the window.
     My collection of needle felted items from Miss Bumbles has continued to grow and about a month ago, I decided I needed a cabinet to display them in. I couldn't just display them all out in the open because both of my cats are prone to eating things!
       A couple of weeks ago after what felt like looking round the whole town, the perfect cabinet popped up at a local auction. It had an estimate of £20-£40 but I knew it would go for more than that and I was prepared to go up a bit. In the end it went for a whopping £130! Needless to say I didn't get it.
        The very next day my Mum found one for me at a recycling centre (which we had tried the week before but were out of luck). It was a bargain at £35. This is what it looked like when I first got it home.




The key was missing and it  had awful mustard fabric on the back. But it had potential.  But since my Mum has worked her magic on it, it looks great. The lock works and I managed to find a replacement key on ebay.






Now that it's pure white and has the vibrant wallpaper on the back (I was going for a retro feel) it looks like a different piece of furniture.


     The collection looks amazing in it. And the best thing is, it is safe from those mischievous little kitties of mine! The way I'm going I will soon need another cabinet to display them all!

        I thought that I had gotten rid of the collecting bug (obviously not!)  What do you collect? I'd love to hear about all your different collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment