Friday 7 October 2011

Trip To The Museum

As part of my Mum's birthday, we decided to visit  an exhibit we were both interested in. It was the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee exhibit. The photographs of the Queen and her family were taken by the legendary Cecil Beaton. The exhibit was in association with the V&A and it was very interesting. The majority of photos were in black and white and there were also a number of pictures of Cecil himself taken by other photographers. Unfortunately we were not allowed to take any photographs.
          We had not visited the museum for a while so we decided to have a good look around.
I really liked this head dress made from Polo Mints. Although not too sure if many people could carry it off.


I also really liked this Victorian dress. I would really like to wear something like this, black is one of my favourite colours.









These were some of the things my Mum really liked. She has a love of vintage and artistic flair.



Also on display was this iconic Wallace's shop window. This takes me back to my childhood, still miss those pies now.

We had a great day and Mum really enjoyed her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment