Thursday 4 October 2012

Birthday Goodies For A Very Special Birthday

       My Mum celebrated a very special birthday on Tuesday, which called for some extra special presents.
     My Mum's favourite designer is Vivienne Westwood but she had yet to own one of her bags. So I knew that was the first thing I was going to buy. I went for this gorgeous Yasmin bag in winter tartan.







        My Mum is a very talented sewer who has a love of vintage. She also loves wooden boxes. So I found a wooden drinks crate from the 1960's and filled it with vintage sewing supplies.







Vintage needlebooks.  Complete and unused.








A variety a French vintage sewing supplies.






My Mum can't get enough of these vintage wooden spools of thread.





Vintage Nodding Poodle Pin Cushion, Vintage Apple Tape Measure Complete with stalk and original box and a vintage thimble.





A selection of uncut vintage doll patterns from the 1960's. Including Betty Boop, Felix The Cat and Popeye. 



Apart from the fact that my poor Mum managed to catch a bug on her birthday, she did enjoy her day and loved her presents.




No comments:

Post a Comment