Thursday 27 December 2012

12 Days Of Etsy: Miss Bumbles

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.


For many years I worked as an illustrator ..I discovered needle felting just over three years ago, desperate to have a go I bought some basic materials from the net and taught myself by watching tutorials on YouTube .





2. How did you choose your shop name?


Oh Miss Bumbles was born after spending a grey January afternoon brain storming over milky coffee with my sister in a cafe.



3. What is your favourite animal to make?


I think Guinea Pigs, they are such gentle animals and I love dressing them up, the more ridiculous the better , they do make good gardeners..oh, and cowboys, panto dames ... 







4. What is the best seller in your shop?

Hedgehogs anything in hedgehog form and foxes. 





5. Your work sells all over the world, in which parts of the world is your work most popular


When I first started selling it was just to the USA , but I couldn't really say it's pretty even... this year it's been Dundee! 



6. What inspires you?


Lots of things, Victorian automata,vintage toys, Peter Blake and Walter Potter, who was a Victorian taxidermist who specialized in stuffed kitten tableaux's.



7. How long have you been crafting?


All of my life. 


8. What are your other hobbies?

Oh I don't have hobbies I just work ..well it's such fun. 




9. Do you collect anything?


What don't I collect? My excuse now for buying all sorts is they may come in handy for Bumbles ..
I also have some how acquired 30 vintage Santa cake decorations; they are amazing, Santa on a motorbike, Santa riding a whale and Santa in a green open topped car! 



10. What is your favourite Christmas tradition?


I would have to say winter solstice, it's not really Christmas but an excuse for more fairy lights, plus it means it won't be long until spring! 


11. Do you have a favourite Christmas song?


No. I hate them all! 




12. What is the funniest Christmas present you have ever been given?


A box of tissues from my brother, we all got tissues that year, he raised his game the next year.... we all got slippers!

Many thanks to Ruth from Miss Bumbles for taking part in this feature. Click here to visit her Etsy shop. (That's if I haven't emptied it first!)

No comments:

Post a Comment