Saturday 15 December 2012

Frances The Agoraphobic Hare

        I have been thinking a lot about a new pet lately. But there isn't much point of adding another member to the family until we are settled in England (I'll have to wait until 2014!)  At first I thought it would be a bunny but now I'm pretty sure it will be a Guinea Pig (or two!). 
        If I could have any animal as a pet it would be a hare, I love them. You would think no-one would have a hare as a pet but there was a wonderful story on the news a few years back.
          A farmer found a little leveret hiding in one of his buildings. She was terrified of being outside. A wildlife artist and his family adopted her and named her Frances. 
      The family bottle fed her and she learned to use a cat's litter tray. She even slept in the kids' beds. She may have been released back into the wild by now but it must have been wonderful to live with such a beautiful animal.






No comments:

Post a Comment